Archive for the ‘Parenting Guides’ Category
You must have a period of adaptation during the first days in kindergarten, and we do not mean only the child but everyone in general, from parents to teachers.When a child enters kindergarten, will be a new experience for the child, parents and teachers.
The child will be expanded his world, although it will be beneficial and a great experience for him, their customs, habits, etc.. Will also change, will face a new place, people who do not know, which the plunge into a state of insecurity until they can adapt and overcome.
Parents also feel the change, this moment represents the first time your child will be separated and must rely on third party care for the small, potentially leading to distress or anxiety to be perceived negatively influence your child in it.
For teachers is also a change, each promoting new children mean to them a professional challenge, having to adapt to their customs and trying to win the affection of children and parents’ confidence.
Oddly enough, there are cranky kids, especially on waking, and the effect on the family always put everyone in a bad mood
Care must be taken when a child normally wakes up in a good mood, he suddenly turns into a grumpy, is a clear sign that has a problem such as feeling bad because it will catch a cold, little sleep, being tense, and so on.
- Waking up slowly, this should begin to wake with minutes in advance so that time does not win, many children wake up grumpy because they have been awakened quickly disrupting their sleep period, make sure your child is getting enough sleep and Cuddle or wake to music.
- Do not feed the bad mood, which does not mean to ignore, but ignore his bad mood and try to make positive comments to neutralize the bad mood of the child, telling how good he looks with the school uniform or mention that breakfast will be something like a good idea.
- Teach how grumpy, get a story that tell the story of a grumpy and their effects on others, children can identify with the character and can understand what their behavior has on the rest of the family.The child must understand that they can all be put out of humor at some point but can not be every day.
- In young children take a “mood calendar” where you put smiley faces or any other figure allusion, in the days when the child wakes up in a good mood, can be a great incentive for the child to change their attitude.
- If the child’s behavior continues to order the child to remain in his room and when you feel better come and meet with other members of the family, it may do so during the weekend you do not have a time limit for things.
- If you notice any of these suggestions have the opposite effect on the child should be discontinued immediately and try another option.
The order, cleanliness, organization are some habits that children should learn, and must start with the things I used: toys.But we can not require a child to leave everything in place if we do not give you the facilities to do such as: organizing boxes, shelves, drawers, cupboards, etc.
You can store toys in a special room for games (in case of having the room) or within their own bedroom, determining a location or locations.
Toys should be near the playground, for example, ball, water games, they must be somewhere in the garden, the dolls in the bedroom or playroom.
Sort toys and store them according to their type, eg farm animals, pets, dinosaurs (animals), cars, trains, tracks (transport), memory, lotto, dominoes, ludo (games); blocks, puzzles, lego (Assembly Kit).
Who does not remember doing any of this balancing act during his childhood:
- Jumping from bed to bed.
- Hop, step on the bedside table and return to bed.
- Jump to attempt to touch the ceiling.
- Climb down to the closet and turning around on the bed.
Most children love to jump (jump) in bed, and some adults too , this activity is one of the best entertainment, children take pleasure in feeling in the air as if flying a total sense of freedom that, together with your imagination can be translated into a great adventure.
One mother said her son, who shared his bedroom with his brother, jumped from bed to bed, imagining traveling from continent to continent, but unfortunately one of his trips had a problem, ending with a large bruise on his leg.Because of this, that for parents, this activity although beneficial, is dangerous and is immediately banned.
We must accept that also has benefits:
- Expands lung capacity.
- Improves cardiovascular function.
- Exercise your calves and legs, arms and shoulders, buttocks and hips.
- It promotes the sense of balance.
- Promotes coordination (eye-foot, eye-hand)
- Promotes the coordination of space.
- Gives security and confidence.
- Decrease the stress level.
1. My child has asthma. Should you play sports? Should you take any special precautions?
- Most children with asthma can do all kinds of sports because, although the performance does not improve asthma, improves physical and psychological condition. Not all asthmatics can perform intense exercise.
- Therefore, the physician should monitor the exercise tolerance to indicate the proper practice of a sport and should ensure that treatment is successful.
2. My child has exercise-induced asthma Should you sport? Should you take any special precautions?
- There is talk of exercise-induced asthma when breathing difficulty evident for 5-15 minutes after making a sustained effort for 5-10 minutes. The most frequent trigger of this crisis is the less common athletics include swimming and cycling.
- Some environmental conditions, acting simultaneously with the exercise, can trigger bronchospasm, such as: cold, humidity and pollution.
- Patients with exercise-induced asthma should practice exercises of short duration (less than five minutes) and effort prior to treatment with adrenergic stimulant (salbutamol, terbutaline, …), as well as a background therapy (cromoglycate or inhaled corticosteroids) . These treatments should be indicated and monitored by a physician.
The teen pregnancy not only harms the lives of young people also has consequences for their children. The youth frustration at having aborted by the responsibility of caring for a baby leads to the children of adolescent girls suffer more domestic violence. It is an interesting conclusion of a study on child abuse of the Association for Comprehensive Development for People Raped AC (ADIVAC).
In Mexico, every year, are born on average two million 500 thousand children, of whom about 20 percent are children of teenage mothers, and this group is estimated that ten percent of pregnancies resulting from sexual abuse, so that these children are more likely to be victims of violence by young parents who were abused.
The main reasons or causes for children to suffer violence in their family are economic problems, high number of family members, education of parents and that they are teenagers. The abuses are more common among adolescents with lower levels of education and therefore have economic problems. These factors, coupled with immaturity, leads to increased incidence of aggression against minors.
Teen Parents Abused Children
The report of the ADIVAC indicaque in a considerable number of cases registered in Mexico, more than 40 percent the mother is the abuser of children and 25 percent is the father who did not show remorse because they believe that physical punishment is a form of education.
Given this attitude, according to a national referendum, 47 percent of children said they were offended because their parents are unaware of the rights of children, and 39 percent indicated that adults get even its violence and ill-humor against young children.
The adolescent crisis is followed by the crisis of the parents, because changes in behavior in adolescence test the projects and desires deposited in the children even before birth.
Therefore, we must perform a kind of mourning for the ideal child, a figure that never existed or exist as a result of narcissism and expectations of adults.
The crisis of adolescence
The crisis of adolescence, has different meanings in the collective imagination. Both the public and scientific opinion, describe it as a period of personal crisis, conflict and tension, as if through it meant to refer, naturally and without recourse to a negative and problematic stage. From the standpoint of psychological and medical, adolescence is a process through acts of rebellion and contradictions, and no doubt, full of situations of varying intensity of conflict.
For parents adolescence is a cloud threatening, warning of storms in family relationships when their children are just beginning to leave childhood. The crisis of adolescence is the result of an internal conflict of a young man who has the power to think and the inability to decide a child. And very hard and long, are the early years of puberty, after which everything seems back to normal and the parents believe they have recovered the quiet son of the previous years, but in reality this child and this child is not idealized.
Adult society in general responsible to the adolescence of many and varied ills and adolescents themselves describe incredible property that causes disorders. Teenagers are the main victims of the most serious problems of our society such as violence, drugs, AIDS and deaths from accidental causes in traffic. Currently, this myth about adolescence is put into question by many researchers and adolescent crisis must not be raised, necessarily, as a problem or weakness, but as an essential process for the emergence of the adult. Adolescence is a bad natural, necessary and temporary.
Babies just always seems to what I put. Enjoy the pleasant circumstance because, at any time, the problems appear. And it is to get an “I do not I put it” answer is more common than you think and gets on my nerves any mother in a hurry.
At times, especially since age 3, children refuse to get dressed and when you do not take even two minutes to fall back on underwear. No matter the clothes you wear. If parents act normally, this situation usually takes many days. But to shorten it at all, follow these guidelines:
* Reward system if you dress and remains dressed. You can make a special meal or praise saying: “look how cute you are!”
* Encourage your child to dress without problems take five days. Then you can, for example, go to the park which is slightly further away but has a dramatic swing.
* Make up games, ditties and jingles to make it more fun getting dressed. Read the rest of this entry »
It is well known that at puberty the development of sexual organs and the hormonal changes transform the child’s body in a biologically adult body, capable of reproduction are not as aware that there is a psychic level metamorphosis final consequences : the adolescent must leave the family to build a life. This is the main reason that triggers, in many young people, many symptoms that are the “pain” that every human have to leave behind family love and into the vastness of the world. At this time, looking for references to their peers, the affection, the pillars on which to build their identity, appearing in many cases forgotten the values instilled from childhood.
Adolescence is a time of fragmentation and loss
Adolescence is a time of rupture and leakage, and idealized protective parents of children are lost. The teenager feels out of place, the rules before you applied effectively no longer serve, break into his new values and concerns, there seems to be produced all over again, also the fraternal-subsidiary relationship. Not all go the same way this time. Many assume these changes without much fuss, eager to grow. Others become, in the evening to morning, disobedient children, and it is quite difficult contestones “torearles.”
The rebelliousness of teenagers is not always bad. Read the rest of this entry »