Posts Tagged ‘healthy foods’
Always eat carrots, during pregnancy when the baby is being formed, when the toddler begins to eat solids or in the daily diet of any person. The main benefit is recognized is to have a good vision for its high content of vitamin A, but this is not the only benefit, and carrots are the only ones that provide it.
Carrots contain pigments (the best known is beta carotene) which apart from giving its color, form of vitamin A. This pigment also can be found in foods including red and green because green can not see the yellow pigment:
- Yellow vegetables, pumpkin, peach, asparagus.
- Orange vegetables: carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato, papaya, mango.
- Red vegetables: peppers, tomatoes.
- Greens: parsley, broccoli, spinach, cabbage.
- Food of animal origin: egg yolks, fish liver oil and dairy in general.
Among the benefits of vitamin A are:
- Cell differentiation: They allow the cells, especially nervous tissue, ie brain, nerves, etc .- reaching mature as they will have forever. They also include the mucous membranes, skin, hair
- Visual: Enables the development and operation of the rods and cones (two types of cells) of the retina responsible for vision in light and darkness respectively, plus revenir visual problems such as glaucoma, cataracts, blindness and conjunctivitis twilight.
- Read the rest of this entry »